Another excellent week ahead. Although we have no special events, we have some fun things to keep you informed about, so come down and enjoy the lake!
Kayak/Stand-Up Paddleboard Hours Extended
Due to popular demand, we have extended kayak ad stand-up paddle board hours. The last watercraft will now be able to leave at 7:30PM. Remember to limit rides to 30 minutes, especially if you are that last rider.
Feel free to come down on during not so busy hours to play some of our lawn games. They can be found by asking a lifeguard. Currently, we have:
Have a great week!
Sam Procopio, LBC Manager
Week at a glance:
Monday: Hours 9:30-9:30. Sailing Series 7pm
Tuesday: Hours 9:30-9:30.
Wednesday: Hours 9:30-9:30. Kids Movie Night 6:45pm, Megamind
Thursday: Hours 9:30-9:30
Friday: Hours 9:30-9:30.
Saturday: Hours 9:30-9:30.
Sunday: Hours 9:30-9:30.
Rule Reminder of the Week:
As you know, the front desk check in can be kind a time consuming process. I just wanted to remind the membership to be courteous of our front desk staff and to please remember the check-in rules, which can be summed up best by one line:
YOU MUST ACCOMPANY YOUR GUEST WHEN THEY ENTER THE LBC
Here are some scenarios we see that really make it challenging our guards to protect the experience of the LBC for its members and not have unaccompanied guests:
1) member checking in: this usually goes great!
2) guest checking in with member: this goes great as well, but takes a little longer
3) member checking a guest in when member arrives, saying guest is on their way: technically you should meet your guest at the entrance to be present during the check-in process
4) guest tries to arrive without member, but member is already checked in the club: not allowed, and usually results in angry guests/members, long lines, and putting my desk worker staff in a tough spot
5) guest tries to arrive without member, saying member is on their way: not allowed, and usually results in angry guests/members, long lines, and putting my desk worker staff in a tough spot
Basically when things operate the way they should, the lines run fairly smoothly. It is when my staff has to have a conversation explaining the rules to members and guest that the line starts to create a backup.
Weekly Weather Report:
The current water temperature of Lake Washington 68˚